There are lots of different social media platforms out there, but not everybody knows that each has their own strengths and weaknesses depending on what you are trying to achieve. Effective social media marketing is just one of the many ways that can help your website rank higher in search engines.
Take a look at this infographic to see which are a fit for you.
Great for: Everyone
- There are over 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook
- 83% of women and 75% of men use it in the UK and US
- People aged 18 – 29 are the most prevalent on this platform
- It is available in more than 70 languages
Great for: Retailers, Salons and Artists
- 7 out of 10 hashtags are centred around brands
- An estimated 71% of businesses on Instagram
- 2018 saw nearly £5bn in mobile advertising revenue
- Users typically engage more with this platform on weekdays
Great for: B2B (Business to Business) and SaaS (Software as a Service)
- 40% of all LinkedIn users return to it daily
- 2 new users sign up every second
- There are 3 million active job listings on the platform
- This is the channel most use by fortune 500 companies
Great for: Artists, Photographers and Retailers (particularly clothing retailers)
- Two thirds of all signups are women
- 75% of all Pinterest usage is on mobile
- 93% of users shop online regularly, and have purchased online recently
- 67% of all Pinners are under the age of 40
Great for: Services, Big Brands and eCommerce
- 80% of all Twitter usage is on mobile
- Journalists make up just over 24% of all verified accounts
- 83% of the world’s leaders are on it
- 500 million tweets are send every single day
If you liked this article or found it helpful, please share it around on Facebook, Twitter and all your social media channels!
Are you interested in writing about website design, graphic design or SEO? Send an email to [email protected] to get your articles featured on this blog!